If you’re looking for Whatsapp desktop app? The wait is over. The following article has detailed tutorial on how to download and install Whatsapp desktop on windows 10.
The company has finally released the official Whatsapp desktop application for Windows 8, and Windows 10. The app lets users send and receive messages without launching the browser on PC or touching the smartphone.
The availability of Whatsapp an app for Windows operating system brings a smile on the faces of more than billions of PC users. There is nothing new in the application and is the improved version of WhatsApp Web.
- How to Download and Install Whatsapp Desktop on Windows 10
How to Download and Install Whatsapp Desktop on Windows 10
Following the same principle, the desktop app will mirror Whatsapp on your smartphone just like Whatsapp Web Client. The application is swift, responsive, and featuring live notification features. To send or receive messages, audio, videos, photos on the desktop you’re required to keep your device turned on and connected to the internet. This is the only thing user disliked about the application.
The desktop application is dedicated to the users who spent lots of time sitting in front of the computer. Those users will like the app as they will receive and reply to messages from the desktop.
The following blog post has step by step instructions on how to download, install, Log-In, Log-Out or even the way to uninstall the application from the computer.
How to Download Whatsapp for Windows 10
The process to download Whatsapp for Windows 10 is very. Here is what you need to do:
1. Visit official website of Whatsapp and using this link download Whatsapp setup for windows 10
2. Here on this page, you will see a new section labeled as Download for Windows. You need to click on it to download the WhatsApp for Windows setup.
The downloading will start and once the process completes. You will see a setup file of around 65 MB.
Note: Make sure to download the appropriate version of WhatsApp app for Windows. Both 64-bit and 32-bit version setup are available on the site.
How to Install Whatsapp on Windows 10
1. After downloading the WhatsApp setup file. You need to double-click on the installer file to run the setup file. You will see the following screen with a QR Code:
2. On your smartphone, you need to launch WhatsApp application. Make sure that phone is connected to the internet connection and running Whatsapp latest version to avoid unexpected bugs and errors.
3. After that, Scan QR code that appears on the Whatsapp desktop app using your smartphone. For that:
- On your Android -: Launch WhatsApp -> Menu – > “WhatsApp Web to scan the QR code”.
- On your iPhone -: Launch WhatsApp -> Settings – > “WhatsApp Web to Scan the QR code”.
- On your Windows Phone -: Launch WhatsApp -> Menu -> “WhatsApp web to scan the QR code.”
Scan QR code using the Whatsapp app QR code scanner. Once the code is scanned, Tap on the ‘OK. Got it‘ when the same appears on the screen.
4. Once QR code is scanned using the device. You will able to use WhatsApp application on your Windows 10/8 desktop. The app will look like as shown in the following screenshot.
Troubleshoot -: In case, if you’re getting WhatsApp Error: Installer Has Failed. There Was An Error While Installing The Application.
Solution -: It’s because you’re using the wrong version of application setup on your computer. For example, your machine is 32-bit, and you’re using 64-bit application setup. The website has both 64-bit and 32-bit version grab the appropriate one.
How To Log Out Of WhatsApp in Windows 10
In case you don’t want other users to access and view your WhatsApp account, at the moment there is no solution available at the moment to password protect your WhatsApp app on Windows. The only thing you can do is to log out of your account to ensure your privacy and protection.
Luckily the application comes with an option to log out which takes less than two or three seconds. There are two ways to log out of WhatsApp Desktop application which are:
Using WhatsApp Desktop App
1. Open the WhatsApp Desktop application and make sure your computer is connected to the internet.
2. After that click on WhatsApp menu and from the options choose Logout to sign out of the account quickly.
To sign-in again you again need to scan the QR code using your device.
How To Log Out Of WhatsApp using Smartphone
If your device is away from the computer or laptop and you want to log out from the WhatsApp desktop application. It’s also possible. For that:
1. You need to open WhatsApp application on your smartphone
2. After that head over to WhatsApp Web option. Just like shown in step three of Installing WhatsApp Application on Desktop section.
3. Here on this screen Under logged in the computer, tap on the link labeled as Log out from all computers and then Logout option will appear. Tap on it to confirm the process.
Uninstall WhatsApp app from Windows 10
After installing the WhatsApp desktop app on the computer, lots of users find that there is nothing new in the application and it’s just an optimized version of WhatsApp for the Web client. If you find the desktop client useless and want to uninstall it from the computer, then follow the steps below:
Uninstall WhatsApp using Setting App
1. For that, Click on Start button -> Settings -> System -> Apps & feature. On the right panel, you will see the list of all application installed on your computer.
2. Scroll down and look for WhatsApp. Click on it to reveal the Uninstall button.
3. Now click on Uninstall button and Click Yes when confirmation dialogue screen appears.
Tip: If you face any issue while uninstalling the application using above method, you can use a free tool called Ccleaner to get rid of the WhatsApp application.
I hope you find this detailed post on how to download and install Whatsapp desktop on windows 10. Let me know your thoughts about the desktop client in the comments.