You want to save web pages to the desktop, but didn’t find the appropriate settings in Edge browser to do so? Don’t worry, In this article, We will show you how to do that.
Edge browser is the new browser introduced by the Microsoft in Windows 10. No doubt, Edge browser is superior and faster than Internet Explorer, but still it lacks lots of features which exist in Internet Explorer.
There are lots of users who’re looking for a way to save web pages or create a shortcut to the web page as HTML in Edge browser so that they quickly launch it whenever they want.
Unfortunately, there is no setting available in the Edge browser, but that doesn’t mean it’s impossible. In this article, we will discuss with you two ways to save web pages to the desktop in Edge browser.
Save Web Pages to Desktop in Edge Browser in Windows 10
We all know that Edge browser is in beta stage and lack lots of features. To support Edge browser, Microsoft has provided an option called Open with Internet Explorer in Edge browser. You can find this option in More action menu of Edge browser. With this settings, users can easily launch the active page on the Edge browser with Internet Explorer just with one click and enjoy the functionality that is missing in Edge browser.
Now users who’re using Edge browser as default web browser and want to save web pages as HTML format on the desktop can take advantage of this setting until company adds Save as a feature in the Edge browser.
Here is how to do that:
1. Open the Web page which you want to save as HTML file on your desktop. Make the web page you want to save is an active tab
2. Click on (…) More action icon and from the options, Select Open with Internet Explorer.
3. Now the same web page is automatically open in Internet Explorer.
4. On the top-right side click on the gear icon and from the options select File -> Save as or Ctrl + S keys and windows will pop up with a file name which is the name of the web page and saves as the type which is HTML or web page by default.
In my case web page file name is “How to Block Websites on Edge Browser in Windows 10”.
5. Select the location where you want to save the web page as HTML and click OK. And the file will be downloaded in no seconds.
This is the only way or workaround available at the moment using which you can save web pages to the desktop in edge browser in Windows 10.
For articles on Microsoft Edge browser, visit Microsoft Edge Browser Section
I hope you find this useful! If you have any other method to do the same thing let us know in the comments.