Can’t wait to install Microsoft Edge extensions in Windows 10? Actually, with the latest build of Windows 10, it is possible now. In this article, you will find out what you need to do to install the extension in Edge browser.
Microsoft Edge is the new and default browser in Windows 10, is one of the best browser available for Windows 10. The Edge browser is very fast in comparison to other popular browsers in many areas. It offers an easy-to-use layout which works flawlessly on both desktops as well as touch devices and more importantly it’s better than Internet Explorer.
The support for Edge extension was one of the features about which lots of users were asking from the day Windows 10 was first released by Microsoft. The company has finally updated the Edge browser and bring extension support to it. If you’re using Windows 10 Latest build 14342 or above, then you can install the extension in Edge browser.
In layman’s language, using this extension feature you can add new features and personalize the browser the way you want. Right now, there are a limited number of extensions available for the Edge, but the number will get a boost once software giant will release Edge extension support publicly.
At the moment, Edge browser only support five extensions which include:
- Microsoft Translator – Translate foreign language pages for 50+ languages
- Reddit Enhancement Suite – Improve Reddit browsing experience
- Mouse Gesture – Gives you gesture like switching between tabs
- OneNote Clipper – Save anything on the web to OneNote
- Pin It Button – Save interesting Pinterest stories for later reading
Microsoft Edge browser now have lots of useful extensions. So why don’t you check out some of the best Microsoft Edge extensions? To get more details about these extensions for Edge browser you can visit extension page for Microsoft Edge Dev.
Note: You can download and install Edge browser extensions via Windows Store
Here’s how to do that:
Download and Install Microsoft Edge Extensions in Windows 10 via Windows Store
1. Launch the Microsoft Edge browser
2. Click on More action (…) three dot icon, located at top-right of the browser window, and then click on Extensions.
2. Click on the link which reads “Get Extension from the store”. It will launch the Microsoft Edge extensions section in Windows Store.
3. On this page, you will find out the list of the Extensions available for Microsoft Edge browser. Simply click on the one which you want to download.
4. It will launch the extension download page for selected extension. Click on the “Get” button.
If you’re downloading the extension for the first time, then you will see the Get button. In case, you’re reinstalling the extension, then you will see the “Install” button instead of “Get” button.
The process will take few seconds to download and install the extension depending on the size of extension and your internet speed
5. Once done, you will get notification via action center.
6. Click on the Launch button.
7. It will launch the Edge browser showing you a dialog box telling you about what you can do using this extension.
A dialog box will show you two button with options Turn it on and Keep it off.
If you want to enable the extension, then click on Turn it on. Else click on the Keep it off button to enable the extension later.
8. When you enable the extension by clicking on the “Turn it on” button, it will start appearing under a list of extensions installed on Edge browser.
9. To manage the extension, you click on the “settings” (gear icon) next to the name of extension appear in the extension section.
Here you will find options to enable the extension, show extension icon in the address bar as well as to uninstall the extension.
Disable and Uninstall Microsoft Edge Extensions
To disable the extension, you just need to move the toggle switch to turn if off.
To uninstall the extension, you need to click on the “Uninstall” button. A dialog box appears and asks for your confirmation. Click Ok to continue.
I hope this really helps you. Why don’t you try this tutorial on how to install Microsoft Edge extensions in Windows 10 and let me know your experience in the comments.