Do you know about Windows 10 Airplane mode? Here in this post, you will learn about how to turn off Airplane mode in Windows 10.
Airplane mode a.k.a flight mode, aeroplane mode, standalone mode as well as offline is a setting available on most of the electronic devices which include portable computers accompanied with smartphones. When airplane mode is activated it rejects radio-frequency signal transmission by the device by disabling GPS, Bluetooth, telephony as well as in WiFi.
Airplane mode in Windows 10 turn off all the wireless signals from and to your Windows 10 device like Dell XPS, Surface Book or anything has run on Windows 10 OS. When it is enabled on your Windows 10 device you can’t connect to any outer network like WLAN, Internet or Bluetooth.
According to Microsoft, when Windows 10 Airplane mode is enabled the following services are disabled:
- Cellular data
- NFC (Near field communications)
- When airplane mode in Windows 10 is turned on, you will see an airplane icon in the notification area of your Windows 10 desktop.
- When airplane mode in Windows 10 is turned on, you will able to turn off or on your individual wireless devices and Bluetooth.
Enable | Disable Airplane mode in Windows 10
If you’ve have just upgraded to Windows 10 from earlier versions of Windows or new to Windows 10 OS and want to learn about how to turn off and on Windows 10 Airplane mode, then here is what you need to do:
Turn On or Off Airplane Mode in Windows 10 Action Center
1. Press WIN + A hotkeys to launch the Windows 10 Action Center.
2. Look out for Airplane mode quick access button and click/tap to toggle turn off/on
Turn On or Off Airplane Mode in Windows 10 Network
Notification Area Icon
1. Click/Tap on the Network icon available in the taskbar notification area available on the bottom right side of the desktop.
2. Click/Tap on the Airplane mode button to toggle turn off/on.
Turn On or Off Airplane Mode in Windows 10 Settings app
1. Click on the Windows 10 Settings app. For that, WIN + I hotkeys.
2. Click on Network & Internet -> Airplane mode.
3. On the right pane under Airplane mode turn off/on the options which read “Turn this on to stop all wireless communication, such as Wi-Fi, Cellular, and Bluetooth”
Turn On or Off Airplane Mode in Windows 10 using Hardware switch
Most of the Windows 10 devices also comes with hardware switch button to turn off or on airplane mode. In case, you’re using a device that runs Windows 10 OS, then use switch or button to disable all the wireless signals from your device.
Microsoft also stated that there is no guarantee that hardware buttons will disable all the wireless communications from your Windows 10 device. Some of the store apps have the potential to avoid hardware switch to connect to cellular data or GPS.
According to Microsoft, the best way to turn off/on Windows 10 Airplane mode is via Notifications in System Tray.
In case, while following the above method, if Airplane mode switch is grayed out, not working or stuck, then check out my troubleshoot guide on Windows 10 is stuck in Airplane Mode.
I hope you find this Windows 10 tutorial useful. If you have any query related to Airplane mode let me know in the comments.