Want to set videos as desktop background in Windows 10? If yes is your answer, then I recommend you must check this post till the last line.
In 2007, Microsoft released an awesome personalization tool named as Windows DreamScene for the Windows Vista (Ultimate edition). With the help of this tool, users running the same edition of Windows Vista can set video or animated GIF as wallpaper.
Unfortunately, the DreamScene feature was not available in Windows 7 and Windows 8 nor in the latest version of Windows released by Microsoft i.e. Windows 10. There were some third party tools available using which users can also enable DreamScene in various editions of Windows 7, but the same was not available for Windows 8 and Windows 10, as the same tools are not compatible with Windows 10 | 8.
In case, you love to set your favorite animated gif or video as desktop background in Windows 10 | 8, then the only thing you can do is to take help of third party software. There is a variety of personalization application available over the web that helps you to set video as wallpaper in Windows 10. I have already covered one of them in my previous article. check out my post how to set live wallpaper in Windows 10 using Stardock DeskScapes 8
In our today’s article, you will be reading about a new tool named as Plastuer which is the best desktop customization software available to set video as wallpaper in Windows 10.
Set Video as Desktop background in Windows 10 with Plastuer
Plastuer is one of the best quality desktop customization software that let you set video as well as animated GIF as wallpaper in Windows 10. Using it, you can also set video as desktop wallpaper in just by making few clicks.
Before you start reading about how you can use Plastuer on your Windows 10 PC, it is very important to know that it is not a free desktop customization program. But that doesn’t mean that it will cost too much. It is a pay what you want desktop personalization software and you can purchase this software as low as $10 to $1 or even $0.10.
It supports a variety of video formats which includes MP4, AVI, WMV as well as OGG. Now what that mean is that you can set video file with MP4, OGG, WMV or AVI extension as wallpaper. In case, you have video in other formats, that you can convert that video to the following video formats to use them as desktop background in Windows 10. The good thing about Plastuer is that it is fully compatible with Windows 7|8|8.1
Use Plastuer to Set Video as Wallpaper in Windows 10
1. Head over to the official Plastuer website. Here you need to pay the amount of your choice to download the Plastuer. To pay and download, Scroll down to bottom, enter the amount you want to pay and click on the Buy Now button. The system will redirect to Paypal.com, enter your payment details, pay the amount and return back to the Plastuer website.
Note: Developers of Plastuer is not giving any trial copy of the software as of now. So you need to pay something to grab the licensed copy.
In case, you just want to Plastuer as a trial, then start using by paying a small amount it can be $10 to $1 or even $0.10. Once you’re happy with the tool, you pay more.
2. Extract the Zip file and grab the Plastuer.exe file.
3. Run the Plastuer.exe file. It is just a standalone program and needs to installation to run.
4. The good thing about the Plastuer is that it automatically recognize the number of the screens on your Windows 10 PC and show you the same. You need to click on the particular screen number where you want to set video as a wallpaper in Windows 10 to head over to the next step.
5. At last, you need to enter the URL of the video file or click Select File option button to select a video file which you want to set a desktop background in Windows 10.
Note: For best results, I recommend you to use videos which are already saved on your Windows 10 PC.
6. Now click on the Save button to have chosen video as your Windows 10 desktop background. And in no seconds you selected video will be set as Windows 10 wallpaper.
7. To manage Plastuer, you can click on the setting icon available at the top left side of the screen just like the show in the following screenshot:
You can minimize the Plastuer software to the system tray by making a click on the Close button. To close the program, make right click on the Plastuer icon available in the system tray and then click on the Exit option.
Note: You can use the Plastuer to set video as desktop background or wallpaper in Windows 7, 8 or even in Windows 8.1
You may love to check my previous article on how to set a webpage as desktop wallpaper in Windows 10.