Following the tradition, Microsoft has included different troubleshooter in Windows 10 to fix various issues in the OS. These Windows 10 troubleshooter can easily resolve various problems of different Windows 10 components quickly and easily.
One of the major problem about which lots of users complaint is related to Windows Update feature. Different users see different errors and due to this reason users face lots of issues in download and installing all the latest security and firmware updates for Windows 10.
In case, Windows update is not working on your Windows 10 PC? Or you just want to fix Windows 10 Update problems, then one of the best and easiest ways to fix Windows update feature is by running Windows update troubleshooter in Windows 10.
In this detailed guide, you will find out how to run Windows update troubleshooter in simple steps.
Run Windows Update Troubleshooter in Windows 10
Starting with the Windows 10 build 15019, the company has created a new section for Troubleshooter in Settings app. Here you will find all the available troubleshooter for different components of Windows 10. You just need to click on the one which you want to run.
In this case, we’re looking for Windows Update troubleshooter, so here is what you need to do to run it:
1. Launch the Settings app. Press WIN + I hotkeys.
2. Click on the Update & security -> Troubleshoot.
3. On the right pane, You will find all the troubleshooter. Under “Get up and running section“, look for troubleshooter which reads “Windows Update“. As mentioned, this will “Resolve the problems that prevents your from updating Windows.” Simply click on it.
4. Now new button will appear with name “Run the troubleshooter“. Click on it.
5. Windows Update troubleshooter will open up and start looking for the issues that prevents the system from updating Windows.
Run the Windows Update Troubleshooter from Control Panel
Alternatively, if you’re earlier build, then you can run the troubleshooter right from the classic Control Panel. Here is what you need to do:
1. Type Troubleshooting in Windows 10 Search bar, when it appear in the search result click to open it.
2. Under System and security, click on the link which reads “Fix problem with Windows update”
3. It will launch the Windows Update troubleshooter and start checking the issues.
Download and Run Latest Version of Windows Update Troubleshooter
In case, do not update your Windows 10 PC regularly, then you can also download the updated Windows Update Troubleshooter from Microsoft website.
1. Visit Microsoft Windows Update Troubleshooter page.
2. Here on this page, you will find out two different links to download Windows Update Troubleshooter. You need to click on the one which reads “Download Troubleshooter for Windows 10”
3. Windows Update Troubleshooter for Windows 10 will start downloading.
4. After downloading, Run the troubleshooter and following screen will appear:
This troubleshooter will fix issue related to:
- Windows Update
- Background Intelligence Transfer Service
- Windows Network Diagnostic
Note: Make sure to click on the “Advanced” links and check the box nex to “Apply Repair automatically” options before clicking on the Next button in all above methods to run Windows Update Installer.
So these are some of the possible ways to run Windows Update Troubleshooter in Windows 10 and resolve issues related to Windows Update. In case, it fails to fix Windows update problems, then check out my previous tutorial on how to fix windows 10 update problems.