Looking for a way to install (Dot).NET Framework 3.5 offline in Windows 10? Actually, it is possible and in this tutorial, you will find out step by step instruction on how to do that.
Windows 10, the latest version of Windows comes with preinstalled (Dot).NET framework 4.5 which is a very good thing, but there are lots of application which are developed in Windows Vista and Windows 7 and required .NET framework 3.5 along with 4.5. These Windows applications will not run on your computer until you install the required Dot NET framework.
Even if you try to run these applications on your Windows 10 PC, it will ask you download Dot .Net Framework 3.5 from the web. Now this really annoying, especially to me. It will take few minutes to download (Dot).Net Framework 3.5 (required version).
In case, you running short of time, then you can use your own (Dot) .Net Framework Offline Installer to install the Dot Net framework 3.5 on your Windows 10 Computer and all you will need is a Windows 10 Installation media.
Actually, Windows 10 Installation media already have Dot .Net Framework 3.5. So why not save the time by installing the version of Dot Net Framework required by the applications to run on the Windows 10 PC?
The good thing about this workaround is that it is one of the quickest methods to install .Net framework 3.5 and the bonus is that you don’t need the Internet Connection.
How to Install .NET Framework 3.5 Offline in Windows 10 using DISM
Here is what you need to do to install .Net Framework 3.5 offline on your Windows 10 computer:
1. First of all, you need to insert Windows 10 installation media on your computer. It can be Windows 10 DVD, Windows 10 Bootable Flash Drive, and the ISO Image of Windows 10.
If you’re using Windows 10 DVD or Windows 10 Bootable Flash Drive, then simply insert it. In case, you’re using ISO image of Windows 10, then double-click on it to load the image file.
In this guide, I will be using ISO Image of Windows 10.
2. Open the File Explorer from the Windows 10 Start menu and click on “This PC” tab. Here you need to note the drive letter where you have inserted the installation media.
In my case, it is D:
3. Launch the Command Prompt. For that, Right click on the Start button and from the list of options click on “Command Prompt (Admin)” option.
When UAC pop up appear on the screen, click Yes to launch the Command Prompt.
4. In the Command Prompt window type following command:
Dism /online /enable-feature /featurename:NetFX3 /All /Source:D:\sources\sxs /LimitAccess
In above command, you need to replace D: disk drive with the one in which your installation media is.
5. After that hit Enter and it will install the .Net Framework 3.5 on your Windows 10 PC.
Alternatively, you can use the batch file to complete the installation, if you don’t want to go through all the steps mentioned above. Here is what you need to do:
1. Download .NET Framework 3.5 offline Installer setup script using this link
2. Extract it on your computer using any File Archiving Software.
3. On the file, make a right click and select “Run as Administrator“
That’s it, the file will automatically detect the drive of the installation media and install the Dot Net Framework 3.5 on your computer with just one click.
Did you find this workaround useful? Let me know in the comment 😀