If you were using Google Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer as your primary web browser and now you want to use Edge browser as a default browser? But first, you want to import browsing history, bookmarks, and passwords to Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 from any browser? You must check this post.
When Microsoft released the first version of Edge browser it was not possible to import any type of data from other browsers, but Starting with Windows 10 Creators Update build 15007 versions 1706, the company has added new functionality to the Edge browser that let you import browsing history, bookmarks, saved passwords or any other data to Microsoft Edge from any browser.
This new feature is very useful for those users who want to use Edge browser as default web browser in Windows 10 after using Chrome, Firefox or Internet Explorer.
In case, you want to import browsing History, Bookmarks, and Saved Password to Microsoft Edge browser, then here is what you need to do:
Note: This functionality is only available in the Windows 10 build 15007 or above.
1. Launch the Microsoft Edge browser.
2. Click on the More action (…) icon.
3. Click on the Settings.
4. Here you will find “Import from another browser” listed under Import favorites and other info.
5. Now you will get a list of all the browsers which you have installed on your Windows 10 PC. Just select the one from which you want to import data to Edge
Note: Using this import data function, you can import your favorites, browsing history, and other data from any browser.
6. Click on the Import button to initiate the import process. One the process is completed. Microsoft Edge browser will inform you with a short message right below the button which read “All Done!”
You can also click on the “View imported favorite” link to view what data this process have imported to Edge browser.
You can also import favorite from Chrome, Firefox and Internet Explorer using Import file. For that here is what you need to do:
Import Favorite as HTML File from Chrome to Edge browser
1. Click on the menu icon on the Chrome browser
2. Click on the Bookmarks – > Bookmark manager.
Alternatively, you can press CTRL + SHIFT + O hotkeys to quickly launch the Bookmark manager.
3. Click on the Organize button. From the context menu, click on “Export Bookmarks to HTML file”
4. Choose name and location for the HTML files and save it.
5. Now launch the Edge browser -> More action (…) -> Import from another browser.
6. Click on the Import from file button which you will find under Import or export a file.
7. Select the file and in no second all your favorite will be imported to Edge browser from chrome.
Import Favorite as HTML File from Firefox to Edge browser
1. Press CTRL + SHIFT + B to launch “Show your bookmarks“.
2. In the library, click on Import and backup down arrow button.
3. From context menu, click on “Export bookmarks to HTML”
4. Follow the same procedure to import bookmarks from Firefox to Edge just like did in the case of Google Chrome.
Import Favorite as HTML File from Internet Explorer to Edge browser
1. Launch Internet Explorer
2. Click on the Favorite icon (Star) available at the top right side of the screen.
3. Click on down arrow next to Add to favorite button.
4. From context menu, click on “Import and export”
5. A new window will appear showing you three different options. You just need to select “Export to a file“.
6. In the next screen, you will get options to check the options which you want to export to Edge browser.
7. Follow the instructions and save the HTML file.
8. Now follow the same procedure and import the file to Edge browser.
You might also like to know how to export favorites from Edge browser to any browser.