In today’s tutorial, you will read about step by step guide on how to get install.esd file of Windows 10 latest build.
Microsoft provides the new build of the Windows 10 via Windows Update features. They use the ESD file format to provide you all the files require to install the update. ESD stands for Electronix Software Delivery. Microsoft using this file format because it’s secure, compressed and very smaller in size.
The Windows install.esd file carries the normal Windows install.wim file (WIM= Windows Imaging). The install.wim file contain all the file required to complete the Windows installation.
This tutorial will show you how to get the install.esd file which you have downloaded using Windows Update which can be further used to create bootable USB or DVD for clean install instead of a upgrade.
How to Get Install.esd file of Windows 10 Latest Build
1. First of all, Check if any latest build of Windows 10 is available. For that, Navigate to Settings -> Update & security -> Windows Update.
If a new build is available, let the Windows Update download it.
2. Once Windows Update has completely downloaded the files. You will be asked to reboot your system, but don’t do that.
3. At this point, the install.esd file for the latest of Windows 10 build is available on your computer and is required.
4. To get it, you need to open the File Explorer and switch to View tab and check mark the hidden item. By doing this you will able to see all the hidden items.
5. Now you need to navigate to Source folder by following this path C:\$Windows.~BT\Sources
6. In Source folder, you will find lots of files and folder, simply look for Install.esd. Alternately, you can use search bar available at the top right side of the screen to quickly find it. It will be around 2.3 GB to 2.7GB depending on the build size.
7. Just copy the install.esd file and save it where ever you want.
Check out video on our Official YouTube Channel for more idea:
In case, the ISO images of the current build of Windows 10 is not released by Microsoft. You can create Windows 10 ISO files using ESD files and that can be used to install Windows on any PC, provided the user have a genuine product key.
Why don’t you try out this guide to get install.esd file of windows 10 latest build. If you have any query drop in the comments