If you’re reading this Windows 10 tutorial, then you definitely want to learn about how to add Windows 10 product key and activate your machine permanently. Right? Keep reading.
Windows 10 is the latest Windows OS released by the Microsoft. The company has made this operating system very easy to use by adding simple and easy to use settings. One with little knowledge of using a PC can easily use Windows 10 like a pro.
If the Windows 10 installed on your PC/Laptop is not activated, then you will not able to use all the features until you activate it. In case, you have upgraded from Windows 7/8.1 to Windows 10 under free upgrade program, then you definitely running activated Windows 10.
But if you’re reading this post, then it is confirmed that your Windows 10 is not activated and want to learn how you can activate it and there are a variety of reason why want to learn that.
- Maybe you have purchased Windows 10 online, but don’t know how to add Windows 10 keys to activate.
- Maybe you have performed a clean installation of Windows 10 by downloading the ISO images from the Microsoft official website, just to give it a try and now you like it and want to activate it. Purchase Genuine Windows 10 Product key online.
- Maybe the product key you’re using is not a valid key or determined as a pirated and now you want to replace the current Windows 10 product key with the genuine one.
Add Product Key | Activate Windows 10
Whatever is the reason because of which you want to add/change the product key. You do not need to worry about, as in upcoming lines you will read possible ways in detail to add Windows 10 product keys and activate it permanently so that you can enjoy all the features and settings of Windows 10 OS.
Things to keep in mind:
You must have genuine product key for the edition of Windows 10 you have installed on your PC/Laptop
Here is what you need to do:
Use Settings app to add/change Windows 10 product key
1. Launch the Settings app. For that, Press WIN + I hotkeys
2. Click on the Update & security -> Activation.
3. On the right pane, under “Activation” title you will read a message that you Windows is not activated. Here you need to look for a link which reads “Change product key“. Simply click on it.
4. Now you will see a pop-up asking you to enter the genuine Windows 10 Product key. Here enter the product key in the space provided and click on the Next button.
5. Now you will see the following screen which reads “By activating Windows, you get the best experience, free from interruption” You just need to click on the “Activate” button.
If the product key you enter is genuine, then your Windows 10 will be activated in no seconds.
Recommended Offer from Winranx.com
- Microsoft Windows 10 Home USB Flash Drive | Amazon Sale Price : $119
- Microsoft Windows 10 Pro USB Flash Drive | Amazon Sale Price: $189
Some alternate methods:
1. Open Settings app. Navigate to System > About. Here click on the link which reads “Change product key or upgrade your edition of Windows“. It will take you to step 4 of above discussed method.
2. Right click on the This PC -> Properties. At bottom click on “Activate Windows” or “Change product key” link. It will take you you step 4 of above discussed method.
Isn’t it simple to add/change Windows 10 product key to activate it permanently? Also, there are some other ways to add the product keys.
Change the product key in Windows 10 using Command Prompt
1. Launch the Command Prompt. For that, type cmd or Command Prompt in the Windows 10 Taskbar Search bar. When the same appear in the results. Make a right click on it and “Run as admin”.
When UAC dialog screen appears, Click Yes to continue.
2. In the Command, you need to type the following command to install a new Windows 10 product key and hit Enter.
slmgr.vbs -ipk 11111-11111-11111-11111-11111
Note: In above command, you need to replace 11111-11111-11111-11111-11111 with your product key.
You will get the following screen with a pop-up with a message telling you that product key is installed successfully.
3. After installing a key to active Windows 10, you need to type the following command and hit Enter.
Wait for few seconds and your Windows 10 will be activated.
Change the product key in Windows 10 using Slui
1. In the Windows 10 Start menu search bar, type “Slui“. When the same appear in the results, click to run command.
When UAC Screen appear, click Yes to continue.
2. A dialog box will appear asking you to enter the product key for Windows 10. After that follow step 4 from the first one.
Once done you will see the message which reads that product key is installed successfully or key is changed.
In case, you frequently perform clean installation of Windows 10 or in future you might want to re-activate copy of Windows 10, after changing computer hardware, importantly after changing the motherboard, then you must check previous post on How to Reactivate Copy of Windows 10 after Hardware Change.
I hope above discussed methods help you to add Product Key and Activate Windows 10 Permanently? If you have any query don’t hesitate to share it in the comments. I will definitely love to assist you.