If don’t you want to miss any call coming on your phone while working on your Windows 10 PC? With the latest update, users will now able to get incoming call notifications on their Windows 10 Desktop.
Cortana is the intelligent personal assistant developed by Microsoft for Windows 10 PC, Windows 10 Mobile, and other platforms. Microsoft team is working hard on adding more features and new capabilities to its Cortana app. As of writing this article, you can get missed a call and incoming message notifications, low battery notification and a lot more on Windows 10 desktop with the help of Cortana Personal Assistant.
Start with the Windows 10 Fall Creators update build 16199 the company has increased the capabilities of the Cortana as it can now display notification of incoming calls right on your Windows 10 PC. What that means is, that whenever you receive a call on your Android smartphone, you will get incoming call notification on your Windows 10 Desktop right in the notification center. And the good thing about this feature is that the notification will have a button to:
- Decline the incoming call
- Text back to the phone number from which you receiving the call
Currently, this incoming call notification is limited to Android phones. That means Cortana will only show the notification of incoming call on your Windows 10 Laptop or desktop when you receive a call on your Android smartphone. Unfortunately, the call notification feature is not available for iPhone at the moment.
In case, you have an Android phone and running Windows 10 OS on your computer or laptop and you want to try this feature? You can do it right now, but there is a catch. To receive notification of incoming calls on your Windows 10 PC accompanied with the option to text back and decline the option you need to enable incoming call notification features. And Yes, you need to be running Cortana app on your Android phone
Get Incoming Call Notifications On Windows 10 Desktop
Here is what you need to enable incoming call notification on your Windows 10:
1. Download the Official Cortana application on your Android phone. If you have not installed it already.
2. Open the Cortana app
3. Let’s Get Started screen, tap on the Agree button.
4. Now Microsoft Login screen will come. Here you need to add your Microsoft account credentials. Make sure to log in using the same account that you have used to setup your Windows 10 PC. Otherwise, call notification feature will not work.
5. Tap on the user account icon available on the top right side of the screen.
6. On the next screen which looks like shown in the following screenshot. Tap on the Settings option.
7. Under Settings, tap on the “Sync notifications”
8. Under Sync notification settings you will see various options make sure following options are turned on
- Missed call notifications
- Call notifications
9. Now you need to head over to your Windows 10 PC and launch the Settings app by pressing WIN + I key combinations.
10. Click on Cortana and on the left pane switch to Notifications tab.
11. On the right pane, turn on the option which reads “Send notification between devices“.
Note: If you Cortana application is not activated by your previously, a new popup will appear asking you to login into the Cortana app using the same Microsoft account.
For test, make a call on your Android phone and you will definitely receive call notification on your Windows 10 PC
Why don’t you give a try to this tutorial and let me know your experience about what you think of Cortana’s Integration with your Android phone? Let us know in the comments.