There are lots of reasons why you want to learn the way to remove or forget Wireless Network Profile in Windows 10. If you’re one out of the users who want to make that thing happen, then read this tutorial till the last line.
Whenever you connect to a new Wi-Fi connection on your Windows 10 PC, then system keep that Wi-Fi connection accompanied with passphrases and other settings it in a list of profiles. In a lifetime, we connect our system with lots of Wi-Fi connection and due to which the list of profiles become quite large.
Now you want to remove the Wi-Fi connection so that you will only see the list of those Wi-Fi connections which you use normally.
Or, you want to set up your Wi-Fi network from scratch because you want to fix network connection problem. For that, you need to make your Windows 10 PC forget the Wi-Fi network.
In the earlier versions of Windows like Windows 7, the process to delete Wi-Fi network was obvious, you just need to head over to Network and Sharing Center in Control Panel -> Manage Wireless Network -> Delete saved network.
In Windows 8, the same option was removed and you need to take help of Command Prompt commands to delete Wi-Fi network.
In Windows 10, the company decided to add this option again in a graphical interface so that users can easily delete a saved Wi-Fi Network in Windows 10
How to Delete | Remove | Forget Wi-Fi Network Profile in Windows 10
1. Launch the Settings app. For that, Press WIN + I hotkeys
2. Click on the Network & Internet -> Wi-Fi.
3. On the right pane, click on the link which reads “Manage known networks”
4. Here on this page, you will get the list of known wi-fi networks. Click on the network and then click on the forget button to permanently forget the Wi-Fi network.
Delete Wi-Fi Network Profile in Windows 10
1. Search Command Prompt or CMD using Start menu search bar. When it appear in the search result, make right click on it and “Run as admin“.
2. When UAC dialog box appears, click Yes to continue.
3. In the command prompt type the following command and hit Enter.
netsh wlan show profiles
This will show you a list of all the Wi-Fi networks saved on your Windows 10 PC.
4. Now you need to look for the name of the Wi-Fi network profile which you want to forget. After that type the following command.
netsh wlan delete profile name="PROFILE NAME"
Make sure to forget “PROFILE NAME” with a name of the Wi-Fi network which you want to forget.
For example, as shown in the screenshot name of the network profile which I want to remove is “Viney’s iPhone”. The above command will be “netsh wlan delete profile name=”Viney’s iPhone”
To remove Wi-Fi Network in Windows 10 is easy in comparison of an earlier version of Windows. You just need to launch the settings app and click on one or two links to make that thing happen.
You may also love to read about how to turn off Wi-Fi network automatically in Windows 10.