If you’re one out of them who’s facing blank or live tiles count issue in Windows 10? No problem, in this article you will find the way to fix it.
Some users experiencing live tile failure issue in Windows 10. What actually happening is, when users trying to open the start menu, they noticed that some tiles are blank, while other lost their notification count. At the moment, it’s not confirmed what caused this issue, this could be due to the incompatible display driver, a problem connecting to the internet or it’s just a Windows 10 bug.
Officially there is no solution available to fix this issue and we can expect that company will release the official fix or maybe fix the issue in the upcoming update.
How to Fix Blank Tiles or Live Tiles Count Issue in Windows 10
It’s not a serious issue and one can easily fix this issue with the help of following solutions:
Restart or Reboot your Computer [Method One]
A fairly obvious and simple solution is to reboot the computer/ tablet that has the problem. Unfortunately, not always this solution works. So you can try the second one.
Restart Windows Explorer from Task Manager [Method Two]
1. Close all the program, if running any.
2. Now you need to launch Task Manager. There are three ways to open it:
- Search for Task manager using start menu search bar
- Make right click on the taskbar and select Task manager from the context menu.
- Right click on the Start button and select Task manager from the WMIX menu.
- Simultaneously press the keys Ctrl + Shift + Esc
3. In the Task manager, under Processes tab, look for Windows Explorer process. Once you find it, make right click on it and from the context menu select End task and then select Restart. Alternatively, you can also click on End task and Restart button which is available at the bottom right side in the task manager window.
If you’re using the old Task Manager, choose Explorer.exe process under the Processes tab and press the Del key -> Confirm End Process. Now start the Explorer again, for that you need to Click on File Menu -> New task -> Type Explorer in Run window and hit Enter.
4. In a few seconds, the process will restart. Now try to open the Start menu, and you will notice that the problem is fixed.
If you’re facing the blank title or live tiles count issue in Windows 10 and managed to fix them with this guide? Let us know in the comments.