So you want to enable Windows 10 mail dark theme or mode, right? Actually, it’s possible and in this Windows 10 tutorial, I will show you how to do that, step by step.
In past few months, Microsoft improved its native Outlook app in Windows 10. The recent update includes some minor changes to menus and new personalization features like stylish animations and dark mode or theme support. This black theme is a highly requested feature among the Windows 10 users and it’s here.
The Windows 10 mail dark theme is pretty slick and if you’re checking your emails in the dark mode, then it should slash down on eyestrain. The software giant has done an amazing job of fine tuning the mail app. With the dark mode, the experience has become sharper and much better, thanks to personalization options and animations.
WinranX has received so many emails and comments on my previous posts about how to enable Windows 10 mail dark theme or mode. The procedure for switching from light to dark theme for Outlook mail app on Windows 10 is very easy. Just like enabling the dark mode in Edge browser and overall change in Windows 10. You can also check my previous tutorial to check steps on how to enable Windows 10 dark mode and how to enable Windows 10 Edge browser dark mode.
To see customization settings in your Windows 10 mail app, you need to upgrade to Windows 10 10547 or above build. Once you’re on mentioned build of Windows 10 you need to follow the steps in upcoming lines:
How to Enable Windows 10 Mail Dark Theme of Mode.
1. Launch the Windows 10 Mail application. Ask Cortana or search it using taskbar search bar. Alternatively, you can also find it under All Apps, look for the app and launch it.
2. If you’re using the Outlook mail app for the first time, then you need to configure it and click on Get started. You can skip this step if already configured.
3. Look for Settings button which is located at the bottom left of the application.
4. Now you will see a flyingout Setting menu. Click on personalization.
5. Under colors, you will see two options, select the dark theme and your mail user interface will quickly switch to dark mode.
Tip: Just like Outlook mail app in Windows 10 you can also enable dark theme in Windows 10 calendar app too. The procedure is very similar. Launch the app, click on Settings – > Personalization – > Under colors select the dark theme.
Why don’t you enjoy the dark theme in Windows 10 mail as well as calendar app and let me know what you think about the dark theme in the comments