Want to add a desktop icon in Windows 10, but don’t know how? Here in this post, you will read simple steps to make that thing.
In the previous version of Windows, the desktop icon was enabled by default. The desktop icon includes This PC, Network, Control Panel and User files folder. But in the latest version of Windows, all these icons are hidden. In Windows 10, the Recycle bin icon is available on the desktop by default. Even, the worst part is that none of these icons available in the Windows 10 Start menu.
So how to get those classic desktop icons in Windows 10? Actually, the setting to make that thing is available, but hidden somewhere in the settings app. Here is what you need to do:
1. Launch Settings App. For that, Press WIN + I Hotkeys.
2. Click on the Personalization -> Themes
3. On the right pane, look for the link which reads “Desktop icon settings“. Probably, you will find it under related settings on right top side. Just like shown in the above screenshot.
4. Click on the Desktop icon settings link, the window for same settings appears. Simply check the boxes next to the list of a desktop icon. Click Apply and OK to save changes.
As a result, the desktop icon will look like:
Alternatively, you can take help of the rundll32 command to launch the dialog directly. For that,
1. Press WIN + R to launch the RUN dialog box.
2. Copy and paste the following rundll32 command
rundll32 shell32.dll,Control_RunDLL desk.cpl,,0
3. Click OK and in no second, the desktop icon settings dialog will appear.