Looking for a way to download Windows 7, Windows 8.1, Windows 10 and Office 2007 & Office 2010 ISO images from Microsoft? Actually, it’s possible and in this tutorial, you will read about it.
Microsoft’s Tech Bench Upgrade program page for Windows 10 gives you the direct links to download Windows 10 ISO images. One can easily download the ISO image of Windows 10 edition (Except Enterprise edition) by making few clicks. Alternatively, you can also use Windows 10 media creation tool to download ISO files, and create installation media.
To download, you need to Select the Edition (Confirm) -> Select Product Language (Confirm) -> Select 32bit or 64-bit version download -> ISO will start downloading in the background.
Easy right? But you might have noticed that there is no option to download ISO images for previous versions of Windows like Windows 8.1, Windows 8, and Windows 7. Still, you can download Windows previous version from the same page.
In my previous article, I have already shared a freeware tool called Windows and Office ISO Downloader using which you can download Windows 10, 8.1 , 7 and Office 2007-2010-2016 ISO from Microsoft officially
Its is known that Microsoft Tech Bench website also host hidden distributions of Windows 8.1, Windows 7 SP1 in ISO format in addition to public editions of Windows 10. If you check the page source code, you will find that Windows 7 and Windows 8.1 are mentioned so many times.
There is code that you can use or run on the page to include the download for Windows 8.1 and Windows 7 ISO images to the page. Using this code, you can not only download all the editions of the previous version of a Windows, but Microsoft Office 2007 and 2010 too.
The script was shared by adguard on twitter and the code is posted on its site. Here is what you need to do:
1. Launch the Microsoft Tech Bech website in any modern browser of your choice that supports Developer Tool. In this article, I will use Edge browser, but you can also use Chrome and Firefox.
2. In chrome, use Ctrl-Shift-J to open the console. You can use Ctrl-Shift-K in Firefox.
3. Visit this page and copy the code from there.
4. Paste the code into the console and hit enter. For that, you need to click inside the console blank area and use Ctrl-V to paste the code into it. You can also make right-click in the area and choose paste from the menu.
5. Once done, click on the Select edition menu (turned blue) on the page. There you will discover dozens of Windows 8.1, Windows 7, Windows 10 as well as Office 2007 and 2010 ISO images. Simply follow the same procedure mentioned above to download the ISO Image of Windows 10.
After downloading the ISO image of Windows 10, you may want to create the Windows 10 bootable USB Drive. For that, check my tutorial on how to create bootable USB Drive of Windows 10 and follow this guide to install Windows 10 using USB drive.
This script is not limited to Microsoft Tech Bench page, but you can also apply the script on following pages to unlock all the ISO images available on these pages.
Once you reload the page the improved menu disappears, but you can go through the process again to show the addition download options again.
Happy ISO downloading! I hope you find it helpful. Let me know in the comments.
I hope you find it helpful. Why don’t you use the comment section and let me know your thoughts: