If you’re looking for easiest way to download Windows 10, 8.1, and 7 ISO from Microsoft legally? In this article, you will read about how to do that.
You can clean install any version of Windows using the product key that came with your computer or laptop, but you need to find installation media yourself. The good thing is, Microsoft also offers ISO files of the Windows operating system if you’re aware of where to look.
For some users, it’s very difficult to find ISO image of versions of Windows. They need to look very deep to find the official and direct link to download ISO images of Windows on Microsoft site. One of the easiest solutions is provided on company’s Techbench site, but it only shows the latest version of Windows operating system i.e. Windows 10.
The Windows Techbench site is a good option for Windows 10 users, but what about Windows 8.1 and Windows 7 users? How they’re going to get the ISO file? And the answer is Windows ISO Downloader.
Windows ISO Downloader is a freeware utility that let you download the official ISO images of Windows from Microsoft. All you need to do is to choose the desired Windows operating system i.e. Windows 7, Windows 8.1, Windows 10, and Windows 10 Insider Preview and it will load a form that looks very similar to the one found on the Microsoft Techbench site.
- There is no need to install Windows ISO Downloader, but still it requires the Microsoft .NET Framework 4.6.1. to work properly.
- Need to have active internet connection, as the tool need to fetch the data from Microsoft server.
This tool is updated and now using this tool you can download all the version of Windows (Windows 7, Windows 8.1, Windows 10 as well as Insider Previews of Windows 10) and Office (Office 2007 and Office 2010)
How to Use Windows (7, 8, 10) and Office(2007-2010) ISO Downloader
1. Visit this page to Download the tool.
2. Click Run to launch the Windows ISO Downloader
3. On the right-side, from the listed Windows operating system, select the version which you want to download the ISO file.
4. Now click on the drop-down to get the list of Windows editions available for a particular version of Windows. Here is the quick screenshot of what is offered:
Windows 10 Insider Preview
5. Select the edition of the Windows Operating System and click Confirm
6. Select the product language and Confirm.
7. Now you will see blue color download buttons for 32-bit download and 64-bit. Click the one according to your system requirement and it will start downloading the ISO file within the application.
In case you want to use third party software to download the ISO file, you can also copy the link to clipboard. For that, you need to use the buttons labeled as Copy link for 32-bit and Copy link for 64-bit on the right side of the screen.
After downloading the ISO file, you may love to create Windows USB drive. For that, you can check our previous article on how to create windows 10 Bootable USB drive from ISO. After that, follow this guide to install Windows 10 using USB Drive.
You can also use Media Creation tool to grab the ISO files of the Windows 10 and create installation media. For that, check out our previous tutorial on how to download ISO files of Windows 10 and Create bootable installation media
Note: The links is only valid for 24 hours of the time of creation after that time period you need to follow the instructions again to generate the new link of ISO file.
Why don’t you try Windows 10 ISO downloader to Download Windows 10, 8.1 and 7 ISO from Microsoft and share your opinion about the tool in the comments