Looking for user script manager for Edge browser? TemperMonkey Extension is now available for Microsoft Edge browser. In this article, you will read everything you need to know about the extension.
TemperMonkey Extension for Microsoft Edge Browser
The news about the availability of TamperMonkey extension was shared by the official Microsoft Edge Dev account on Twitter. The extension is not listed in the Windows Store Extension collection, it is a preview and the fully functional extension will be released soon.
Features of TamperMonkey Extension for Edge Browser
- You can manage and edit all your userscripts
- Let you enable and disable your scripts with 2 clicks
- All GM_* functions including (GM_registerMenuCommand, GM_getResourceText, GM_getResourceURL, GM_notification)ull unsafeWindow access – settings and script export and import functionality
- Full unsafeWindow access
- Settings and script export and import functionality incl. cloud storage support (OneDrive, Google Drive, Dropbox)
So if you’re aware of userscripts, then you must give a try to TamperMonkey extension install, update and remove userscripts on the Edge browser
Download and Install TamperMonkey Extension
1. Download TamperMonkey Extension using this link because it is not available in the Windows Store Extension section.
2. When you click on the link it will launch the TamperMoney extension window in Windows Store. Click on Free button. It will start downloading.
3. Once the extension is successfully installed on the Edge browser you will see the popup with a message “You have a new extension” on the notification center. Here you need to click on “Turn it on” button to enable the extension.
4. To manage the extension, click on (…) More Action icon -> Extension -> Hover the mouse on TamperMonkey extension and click on the gear icon -> Option. A new tab in the browser will launch. Here you can manage the extension.
Note: Don’t forget to enable “Show button next to address bar option” for quick access.
Check out details article on How to Install Extension in Microsoft Edge Browser
How to Use TamperMonkey Extension in Edge Browser
1. Once the TamperMonkey Extension is Installed and Enabled on Edge browser.
2. Click on the TamperMonkey Extension icon on the top left side of the Edge browser. A pop-up will appear with some additional options likes:
- Extension Status: Enabled
- Check for userscript updates
- Please consider to Contribute
- Help | Changelog
- Script running status: No Script is running (default)
- Get new script
- Add new script
3. If you want to get a new script to run on the Edge browser, then click on the “Get new script” option and it will launch a new tab on the Edge browser with list of Userscript resources like Userscript.org, GreasyFork, OpenUserJS, Github/Gist
4. If you want to add a new script, then click on the “Install new script” option and it will launch a new tab displaying you TamperMonkey Editor. Here you can edit the userscript.
5. To manage installed userscripts, you need to click on the “Dashboard” option and here you will see the list of all the userscripts.
You can check my previous article about useful extensions for Microsft Edge. In the list, you will find out all the extensions which are available Edge browser and are useful.
For articles on Microsoft Edge browser, visit Microsoft Edge Browser Section
Why don’t you give a try to this TamperMonkey on the Edge browser and let us know, if you find it useful or not.