If you want to download and install WhatsApp desktop app on Windows 10 desktop? Actually, it’s possible and in this article, you will read step by step instruction on how to do that.
The company has finally released the official WhatsApp desktop application for Windows 8 and Windows 10 accompanied with Mac OS X. The new WhatsApp desktop application lets users send and receive messages without launching the browser on PC or touching the smartphone.
The WhatsApp app for Windows will definitely bring the smile on the faces of more than billions of PC users out there. Actually, there is nothing new in the application and is the improved version of WhatsApp Web.
- Download and Install WhatsApp Desktop App on Windows 10
- Download Official WhatsApp For Windows 10 Desktop
- Installing Official WhatsApp Desktop App on Windows 10
- How To Log Out Of WhatsApp Desktop App In Windows 10
- Uninstall the WhatsApp Desktop Application from Windows 10/8/7
Download and Install WhatsApp Desktop App on Windows 10
Following the same principle, WhatsApp desktop app will mirror what’s on your smartphone just like WhatsApp Web client. The application is really fast, responsive, and featuring live notification features, but still you need to keep your device turned on connected to the internet to receive or send messages/audio/videos/photos on your desktop. Now this is really the thing which users will definitely dislike about this application.
If you spend most of your time sitting in front of your computer, you might like this WhatsApp application for Windows desktop as you can receive and reply to WhatsApp message right from the desktop.
So you’re really excited about the new WhatsApp app for Windows desktop. You must follow all the instruction is upcoming lines that will teach how to download, install, Log-In, Log-Out or even the way to completely uninstall the application from the computer.
Download Official WhatsApp For Windows 10 Desktop
Downloading Official WhatsApp application for Windows 10 desktop is very easy. You just need to:
1. Visit this official download page of WhatsApp
2. Here on this page, you will see a new section labeled as Download for Windows. You need to click on it to download the WhatsApp for Windows setup.
The downloading will start and once it’s completed. You will see a setup file of around 65 MB.
Note: Make sure to download the appropriate version of WhatsApp app for Windows. Both 64-bit and 32-bit version setup are available on the site.
Installing Official WhatsApp Desktop App on Windows 10
1. After downloading the WhatsApp setup file. You need to double-click on the installer file to open the setup to see this screen with a QR code.
2. On your smartphone, you need to open the WhatsApp application. Please confirm that your device is connected to the internet and running the latest version of WhatsApp to avoid possible errors.
3. After that, you need to scan the QR code shown on your WhatsApp desktop application using your smartphone. For that:
- On your Android, Launch WhatsApp -> Menu – > WhatsApp Web to scan the QR code.
- On your iPhone (iOS Device), Launch WhatsApp -> Settings – > WhatsApp Web to Scan the QR code.
- On your Windows Phone, Launch WhatsApp -> Menu -> WhatsApp web to scan the QR code.
Just scan the QR code using the smartphone application QR code scanner and once the code is scanned. Tap on Ok. Got it when this appear on your screen.
4. Once QR code is scanned using your device. You will able to use WhatsApp application on your Windows 10/8 desktop. The application will look like as shown in the following screenshot.
In case, if you’re getting WhatsApp Error: Installer Has Failed. There Was An Error While Installing The Application.
It’s because you’re using the wrong version of application setup on your computer. For example, your machine is 32-bit and you’re using 64-bit application setup. The website has both 64-bit and 32-bit version grab the appropriate one.
How To Log Out Of WhatsApp Desktop App In Windows 10
In case you don’t want other users access and view your WhatsApp account, at the moment there is no solution available at the moment to password protect your WhatsApp app on Windows. The only thing you can do is to log out of your account to ensure your privacy and protection.
Luckily the application comes with an option to log out which takes less than two or three seconds. Actually, there are two ways to log out of WhatsApp Desktop application which are:
Using WhatsApp Desktop App
1. Open the WhatsApp Desktop application and make sure your computer is connected to the internet.
2. After that click on WhatsApp menu and from the options choose Logout to quickly sign out of the account.
To sign-in again you again need to scan the QR code using your device.
Log out of WhatsApp desktop application using Smartphone
If you’re out of the reach of your computer or laptop and want to log out from the WhatsApp desktop application. It’s also possible. For that:
1. You need to open WhatsApp application on your smartphone
2. After that head over to WhatsApp Web option. Just like shown in step three of Installing WhatsApp Application on Desktop section.
3. Here on this screen Under logged in the computer, tap on the link labeled as Log out from all computers and then Logout option will appear. Tap on it to confirm the process.
Uninstall the WhatsApp Desktop Application from Windows 10/8/7
After installing the WhatsApp desktop application on their computer lots of users find that there is nothing new in the application and it’s just an optimized version of WhatsApp for Web client. Just like these users if you also find this application useless, then you can also uninstall it from your computer just like any other application.
There are two ways to do that:
Uninstall WhatsApp application using Setting App
1. For that, Click on Start button – > Settings App – > System -> Apps & feature. On the right panel, you will see the list of all application installed on your computer.
2. Scroll down and look for WhatsApp. Click on it to reveal the Uninstall button.
3. Now click on Uninstall button and Click Yes when confirmation dialogue screen appear.
Uninstall WhatsApp using Control Panel
1. Search the Control panel using taskbar or start menu search box.
2. Once it’s opened, under Programs, click on Uninstall a program.
3. Here looks for WhatsApp and click on Uninstall to remove WhatsApp from your Windows 10 desktop.
Tip: If you face any issue while uninstalling the application using above method, you can use a free tool called Ccleaner to get rid of the WhatsApp application.
Why don’t you download and install WhatsApp desktop app on Windows 10 and let us know your opinion in the comment.