In the recent builds of Windows 10, Microsoft has included undesirable ads in Windows 10 File Explorer, but the good thing is that you can easily turn it off if you know the trick.
From the day the first build of Windows 10 was released by the Microsoft, the users regularly complaining about advertisement on the Windows 10 lock screen as well as on app suggestion on the Start and now the same in the Microsoft’s latest advertisement platform is Windows 10 File Explorer.
The advertisement on the Windows 10 Start and Lock screen were not enough so the company starts displaying advertisement right in the File Explorer of Windows 10 starting with Creators Update. According to the company, the File Explorer is not showing ads, but the notifications, but we all know that this section will display a mix of are ads and notifications.
These ads a.k.a notification appear on some of the PC running Windows 10 Anniversary Updates as well as in the latest builds of Windows 10 Creators Update whose final version will be released by the company later this month or early next month.
Sync Provider Notification Feature in Windows 10
In the latest Windows 10 Creators Update build, the company introduced a new feature named as Sync provider notification. This feature will help users by showing swift and clear information and things that help you to improve the overall experience of Windows 10.
The notifications or ads appear just below the File Explore address bar. You can check the following screenshot for clear idea. The following screenshot is taken from Windows 10 Creators Update build 15048, which is the latest build of version 1703
Most of the Windows 10 users have no problem in seeing the information about Windows 10 and the recently added feature, the same space is used by the company for displaying advertisements as well. According to one of the Reddit user, the File Explore of Windows 10 is only showing you Office 365 subscription and OneDrive offers.
Now you’re reading this tutorial because you want to get rid of these notifications or advertisements from the Windows 10 File Explorer. Right? Luckily there is an option available in the Folder options of File Explorer to turn off notification in the File Explorer or Sync provider notifications.
Turn off Ads in Windows Explorer in Windows 10
Simply follow the instructions below to disable ads Sync provider notifications or ads in File Explorer of Windows 10.
1. Launch the Windows 10 File Explorer. For that, Press WIN + E hotkey.
Alternatively, you can also click on the File Explorer icon available on the left side of the Windows 10 Taskbar.
2. Click on the File menu -> “Change folder and search options.”
3. In the Folder options dialog box, you need to switch to “View” tab
4. Under the Advanced settings options, you need to look for the option until you find the option which reads “Show sync provider notification“. By default, the option is checked and you need to uncheck it to turn off Show sync provider notifications.
5. Now click on the Apply button and OK.
That’s it. This will turn off the Windows 10 File Explorer Advertising | Ads or notifications in no seconds.
Turn Off File Explorer Advertising | Ads in Windows 10 via Registry
1. Launch the Registry Editor. For that, type regedit in the Start menu search bar. When the same run command appears in the search result. Click on it.
When UAC dialog box appears, click Yes to continue.
2. In the Registry Editor navigate to the following key. Alternatively, you can also copy and paste the location of following registry key in the Registry Editor address bar.
3. On the right pane of Advanced registry key look for DWORD value named as “ShowSyncProviderNotifications“. Double click on it and change its value data to 0 (zero) and this will turn off the File Explore notification or sync provider notifications in Windows 10.
Note: In case, you’re not seeing same the DWORD value under the Advanced key, then you can create one and name it ShowSyncProviderNotifications and make the above-mentioned changes.
You may love to read my latest post on How to Turn Off Lock Screen, Start and Action Center Advertising in Windows 10
Let me know your thoughts about what you think about these new Windows 10 File Explorer Notifications | Ads | Sync Provider Notifications.