If you’re running Windows 10 and looking for a way to clear Microsoft Edge cache, cookies, and other browsing data, here is how to do it in Microsoft Edge browser.
Microsoft Edge is the new and default web browser in Windows 10. It comes with the completely new interface and lots of new features and settings. The Edge browser is not only fast in comparison to Internet Explorer, but also better from other modern browsers available for Windows 10 in many areas. Now the browser offers you all the basic features which you will find on modern browser together with InPrivate mode.
In Microsoft Edge, you can enable dark mode, you can import bookmarks or favorites, install edge extensions, manage and view stored passwords and even lots more. You can also view, manage and clear Microsoft Edge cache, cookies, browsing history, and any type of data which browser store on the computer while surfing the internet which includes passwords, forms, cache, and cookies accompanied with the website you visited.
There are lots of users who may want to clear Microsoft Edge cache, cookies, temporary internet files and related stuff. Here is how to do it in Microsoft Edge
Clear Microsoft Edge Cache and Cookies in Windows 10
1. Launch the Microsoft Edge browser.
2. After that click on three dots More icon available at the top-right side of the browser.
3. Scroll down to Settings and click to open it.
4. Here, under clear browsing data, click on Choose what to clear button.
5. Now you will see list of options which includes:
- Browsing History
- Cookies and saved website data
- Cached data and files
- Download history
- Form data
You can click on Show more to see more options.
6. Check mark the one which you want to clear and click on the Clear button. To clear cache, cookies and browsing history, you need to choose: Cache data and files, Browsing history, and Cookies and saved website data.
To clear cache, cookies and browsing history, you need to choose: Cache data and files, Browsing history, and Cookies and saved website data. If you want to clear history, form data and stored password, select the other options available.
7. After that, click the Clear button it will take few seconds to clear your selected preferences.
8. Restart your Edge browser, that it!
Tip: Just like Internet Explorer, you can automatically clear cache and cookies, browsing history, form data, passwords, and internet temporary files automatically when you close the Edge browser. To enable this feature, turn ON the feature named as Always clear this when I close the browser, and next time you close the browser all the selected preferences will clear automatically.
For articles on Microsoft Edge browser, visit Microsoft Edge Browser Section
Try out and if you need any assistance, shoot your query in the comments.