If you’re not a great fan of Microsoft Edge browser and want set Chrome | Firefox or any other web browser as default web browser in Windows 10, then you can do that just by making few clicks.
Windows 10, the latest version of Windows by Microsoft comes with lots of useful features, apps, clean design accompanied with new default app behavior. This is the first time happened in the history that the Windows OS comes with two preinstalled web browsers, the first one is classic Internet Explorer and second is a new Microsoft Edge.
Microsoft Edge is the default web browser in Windows 10. It is developed from scratch and comes with a variety of cool features. Even it is much faster than Internet Explorer, but still not lack lots of features which other modern browsers for Windows 10 like Chrome and Firefox offer.
If we compare the first version of Microsoft Edge with the one available at the time of writting this post, the Microsoft Edge Dev team has already added most of the features which every modern browser must have like:
- Install Extensions on Microsoft Edge Extension.
- Manage Flash Player Settings in Edge
- Microsoft Edge’s SmartScreen Filter Feature
- Import Bookmarks and Password from other browser
- Clear Edge browser Cache and Cookies
- Change Download File Location
And more, but still lack lots of features. And due to this reason, you might want to change Microsoft Edge as default browser in Windows 10 to Chrome, Firefox, Opera and other. Making your favorite browser a Windows 10 default browser is very easy but procedure to make that thing happen is changed in comparison of previous version of Windows released by Microsoft.
Change Default browser in Windows 10
In Windows 10, you need to take help of Settings app to set your default browser in Windows 10. Here in this post, you will read step by step guide on how to do that:
1. Launch Windows 10 Settings app. For that, Press WIN + I keyboard shortcuts.
2. Click on Apps -> Default apps.
3. On the right pane, scroll to the section which reads “Web browser“. Click on the Microsoft Edge browser icon and a “Choose an app” dialog box appear showing you list of all the browser installed on your Windows 10 PC.
Here, you need to choose the one which you want to set as Windows 10 default web browser.
For example, you want to set Vivaldi as default Windows 10 browser, then simply click on it and you’re done.
The new browser which you have set as default web browser in Windows 10, its icon will start appearing under Web browser section.
From now onward, when ever you click on the link of any web page it will opened in the browser which you have set as default browser and not in Microsoft Edge.
In case, if you ever want to change Microsoft Edge to default browser in Windows 10, then follow the same procedure.